Virginia Tech School of Public and International Affairs
Job, Internship, and Fellowship Openings for Students and Alumni of the Virginia Tech School of Public and International Affairs
Date Opened: 7/20/2022 08:00:00 AM
Closing Date: 8/3/2022 11:59:00 PM
Salary Range: $64,695.81 - $113,217.66
Department: HOUSING AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
Job Type: Open and Competitive
Benefits: Full Benefits
The Loudoun County Department of Housing & Community Development is currently seeking an energetic, experienced, qualified individual to serve as the Housing Finance Project Manager. The Housing Finance Project Manager position requires strong analytic, communication, and customer service skills to serve as part of the Housing Finance & Production Team. This team is tasked with acquiring and applying the financial and development tools necessary to support the private sector in producing significant amounts of affordable housing to meet the County's needs.
The Housing Finance Project Manager:
- Uses professional skills and abilities to manage the Affordable Multi-family Housing Loan and Rental Housing Acquisition & Preservation Loan Programs
- Facilitates affordable housing development projects
- Interprets Federal, State, and County policies and regulations, zoning, site plans, and other technical information, writes professional reports, and represents the Department at internal and external meetings
- Establishes and meets timelines, builds relationships, and takes initiative to achieve results
- Thinks strategically and researches and synthesizes information from many sources
- Is able to make and communicate sound funding and project recommendations
- Has experience with or knowledge of a range of funding tools to support affordable housing development including Low Income Housing Tax Credits
Additional duties include, but are not limited to, completing research projects, serving as housing referral agent on land development applications, serving on interdepartmental teams addressing housing issues, and making presentations to the Board of Supervisors.
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package:
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree in Housing Finance, Real Estate Development, Urban and Regional Planning, Public Administration, Community Development, Business Management, or other related field.
- Minimum of 4 years of direct professional experience in project management, with housing programs and/or development along with the legislative process.
- Knowledge of a range of funding tools to support affordable housing development including Low Income Housing Tax Credits is preferred.
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and County policies and regulations, zoning, site plans, and other technical information is preferred.
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of criminal background, credit, and DMV checks. A valid automobile driver's license and driving record check are required.
Click on a link below to apply for this position: