Virginia Tech School of Public and International Affairs
Job, Internship, and Fellowship Openings for Students and Alumni of the Virginia Tech School of Public and International Affairs
Date Opened: 6/3/2022 08:00:00 AM
Closing Date: Open until filled
Salary Range: $86,599.22 - $155,878.59
Department: HOUSING AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
Job Type: Open and Competitive
Benefits: Full Benefits
The Loudoun County Department of Housing & Community Development is seeking an innovative, collaborative, and accomplished leader with an affordable housing background to champion and orchestrate efforts to provide housing affordable to Loudoun citizens and the workforce.
The successful candidate will lead a newly established housing policy team tasked with implementing the County's Unmet Housing Needs Strategic Plan by developing a variety of new programs and funding resources and optimizing the use of community resources such as public land to meet the County's unmet housing needs. This position is characterized by a high degree of initiative and dedication to producing attainable housing and an ability to work with diverse stakeholders including the Board of Supervisors, citizens, private foundations, non-profits, housing developers, Federal and State agencies, other County departments and human services agencies to create housing for Loudoun County.
The Interdepartmental Housing Coordinator will use knowledge of program development, land use, housing development and finance, use of public land and co-location models, land banks, and community land trusts to increase attainable housing.
Duties of the position include:
- Work in partnership with County departments to support the objectives and implementation of the Unmet Housing Needs Strategic Plan
- Troubleshoot and address all inter-departmental issues related to housing
- Develop and manage the public process for considering proposals for use of public land
- Participate in the capital improvement planning process
- Manage program development and plan implementation
- Supervise a team consisting of the Community Development Specialist, Community Development Project Manager, and UHNSP Implementation Project Manager
- Communicates complex goals and projects clearly to colleagues without a housing background
- Understands connections and opportunities between housing, land use and zoning
Salary Commensurate with Experience.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package:
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development
- Master's degree in Urban and Regional Planning, Public/Business Administration, Community Development, Construction Management, or Real Estate Development; four (4) years of related, progressively responsible work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The successful candidate must demonstrate specific experience in leading a team, developing and implementing successful attainable housing programs and projects and must demonstrate excellent writing, presentation and analytical skills as well as senior-level knowledge of housing and project management. The successful candidate must be a strategic thinker and problem-solver; be able to communicate effectively with staff, developers, the public, and elected and appointed officials; take initiative; and lead the team by setting goals, formulating, and implementing the work plan.
- Prior supervisory experience is preferred.
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background and credit check. A valid automobile driver's license and driving record check are required.
Click on a link below to apply for this position: