Virginia Tech School of Public and International Affairs
Job, Internship, and Fellowship Openings for Students and Alumni of the Virginia Tech School of Public and International Affairs
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
In this position, you will serve as a Hazard mitigation Community Planner with FEMA's Region 3 Office. Typical assignments include:
- Coordinating and providing technical assistance to state and local officials as applicable on the preparation, revision, or updating of hazard mitigation plans to comply with federal requirement, regulation, policies, and guidance.
- Providing written recommendations for plan improvements
- Tracking assigned plans through all elements of the review process, including data entry and drafting of review and approval letters.
- Coordinating with regional hazard mitigation planning team and supporting other mitigation activities as required.
- Developing and delivering planning related training to state. local and tribal audiences, conferences and other outreach opportunities.
This Job is open to: U.S. Citizens
Please refer to the full vacancy announcement by clicking on the Apply link to learn more specifics about the requirements.
Job open: 02/17/2023 to 03/03/2023 (although the closing date may be extended to 03/10/2023)